13 May CHAMPION RON FELLOWS KARTING CHALLENGE – THIS SATURDAY AT GOODWOOD KARTWAYS
For Immediate Release: May 13th, 2015
CHAMPION RON FELLOWS KARTING CHALLENGE – THIS SATURDAY AT GOODWOOD KARTWAYS.
New Four Race Inter-Club Championship ready to go!
As the karting season shifts into high gear, the anticipation continues to grow for Race One of the Champion Ron Fellows Karting Challenge. Set to take place at Goodwood Kartways this Saturday, the buzz in the paddock continues to grow as the final building blocks look to be in place for what is expected to be a massive turnout for Ontario’s newest Championship.
The new four race program is built around four one-day events throughout the summer as the series looks to build a platform offering well attended, competitive kart racing at an entry level cost. The event which is hosted by the Toronto Racing Association of Karters is open to ALL karters holding a valid club license at the same cost of a normal Club Race.
With recent announcements including support from Champion Spark Plugs, Ron Fellows and Briggs and Stratton Racing the inaugural championship is starting to put together a prize package that is meaningful.
“We have been working away trying to build a program that offers unprecedented value for the participants.” Stated Series Promoter Daniel Di Leo. “Our mandate from the get go has always been to keep the cost of entry controlled in hopes of making our series accessible to more karters. We believe we have achieved this and with the support from others in the karting community our prize package continues to grow.”
The Championship which will run a four round, no drop format has confirmed the following prize package:
- VEGA(2 Sets of Tires) – Each race, two sets of Vega tires will be randomly drawn. One draw will include ALL four cycle Junior participants and the other will include ALL four cycle Senior Participants.
- BRIGGS AND STRATTON (Engine Raffle) – Each race, one Briggs LO206 will be randomly drawn. The draw will include all Briggs and Stratton participants.
- BRIGGS AND STRATTON (8 Entry Fees to next CRFKC Event) – Two “pills” will be drawn at random from each of the Briggs and Stratton classes and each racer will receive entry to the next CRFKC event.
- RON FELLOWS (5 Entry Fees to ASN Canada FIA Canadian Championships) – Championship leaders at the conclusion of the first 3 Rounds of the CRFKC will be awarded Entry Fees to the National Championships at Mosport Kartways. This prize package includes practice fees, paddock fees and Race Entry Fees for Championship leaders in Micro Max, Mini-Max, Rotax Junior, Rotax Senior and Rotax DD2.
- CHAMPION SWAG, SERIES GIFTS AND TROPHIES (CRFKC Trophies, Patches, Decals, T-shirts and More) – Race 1 participants will be given CRFKC Patches and decals at registration. Champion t-shirts and other gift packages will follow later in the championship. Unique race day trophies and championship awards presented by Champion.
The new program which shares events at both Goodwood Kartways and Mosport Kartways will include a full docket of four-cycle classes as well as Rotax classes. The class order and detailed itinerary can be found below.
- CRFKC OPTIONAL PRACTICE (FRIDAY MAY 15TH) – TRACK AVAILABLE FROM 10AM-5PM
CRFKC RACE 1 – SCHEDULE (SATURDAY MAY 16TH)
- 7:30am – Gates Open
- 7:45am – Registration Open’s
- 9:15am – Registration Close’s
- 9:30am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- 10:00am – Practice Session 1 (6 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Qualifying (6 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Pre-Final (8 Lap Race)
- T.B.D – Final (12 Lap Race)
- 4:30pm – Podium Presentation
CRFKC RACE 1 – RACE ORDER
- Rotax Masters
- 4-Cycle Junior
- Rotax Mini Max
- Rotax DD2/DD2 Masters
- Rotax Micro Max
- 4-Cycle Senior
- Rotax Junior
- 4-Cycle Masters
- 4-Cycle Junior Light/Novice
- Rotax Senior
- CRFKC participants who are planning to race in the Eastern Canadian Karting Championship can leave their trailers and tents set up IF arrangements have been made with Goodwood Kartways.
- TRAK Members who have trailer storage privileges are required to move their trailer following this Saturday’s race.
- CRFKC will utilize the same track configuration that will be used the following week during the Eastern Canadian Karting Championship.
For more information on the Champion Ron Fellows Karting Challenge including the latest news, please visit www.goodwoodkartways.com.