12 Aug CHAMPION RON FELLOWS KARTING CHALLENGE: ROUND 3 PREVIEW
After a very successful Round 2, CRFKC Officials are back at it in preparation for what is expected to be the biggest race in the country. In its inaugural season, the CRFKC has quickly put a stamp on the Canadian scene. Averaging over 175 entries after the first two rounds, much of the same is expected down the stretch. This Sunday August 16th, Mosport Kartways and the CRFKC Round 3 will form the last kick at the can for drivers looking to prepare for the 2015 ASN Canada FIA Canadian Karting Championships which is set to take place at Mosport Kartways the following week.
The track is available on Saturday from 12pm-6pm for drivers looking to tune their karts heading into Sundays event. Gates open Sunday morning at 7:30am as round three of the Champion Ron Fellows Karting Challenge comes to town.
The CRFKC Championship; a four round, no drop format has confirmed the following prize package:
- VEGA(2 Sets of Tires) – Each race, two sets of Vega tires will be randomly drawn. One draw will include ALL four cycle Junior participants and the other will include ALL four cycle Senior Participants.
- BRIGGS AND STRATTON (Engine Raffle) – Each race, one Briggs LO206 will be randomly drawn. The draw will include all Briggs and Stratton participants.
- BRIGGS AND STRATTON (8 Entry Fees to next CRFKC Event) – Two “pills” will be drawn at random from each of the Briggs and Stratton classes and each racer will receive entry to the next CRFKC event.
- RON FELLOWS (5 Entry Fees to ASN Canada FIA Canadian Championships) – Championship leaders at the conclusion of the first 3 Rounds of the CRFKC will be awarded Entry Fees to the National Championships at Mosport Kartways. This prize package includes practice fees, paddock fees and Race Entry Fees for Championship leaders in Micro Max, Mini-Max, Rotax Junior, Rotax Senior and Rotax DD2.
Congratulations to CRFKC Round 2 Podium Draw Winners!
- Briggs and Stratton LO206 Engine: Marco Cosetti
- Vega Tires: Mark Davis and Eli Yanko
- Free Entries to Round 3: Cusack, Ricard, Barry, Hamilton, Boam, De La Plante, Yanko, Solaroli
This weekend we will utilize the Full Track (National Configuration) as many look to use this event as a final tune up for their ‘Nationals’ set-up. Practice is available this Friday from 11am-7pm and Saturday from 12pm-6pm. Full Race Details can be found below.
SUNDAY AUGUST 16TH – CRFKC ROUND 3 – *STANDARD QUALIFYING FORMAT*
- 7:30am – Gates Open
- 7:30am – Registration Open’s
- 8:15am – Registration Close’s
- 8:30am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- 9:00am – Practice Session 1 (6 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Qualifying (6 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Pre-Final (8 Lap Race)
- T.B.D – Final (12 Lap Race)
- 4:00pm – Podium Presentation
- 4-Cycle Junior
- 4-Cycle Senior
- 4-Cycle Junior Lite/Novice
- Rotax Senior/Rotax Masters
- Rotax Micro Max/Rotax Mini Max
- 4-Cycle Masters
- Rotax Junior
- Rotax DD2/Shifter Karts
Please Note: The spec fuel for this event and ALL future events in 2015 at Mosport Kartways is Petro Canada 91. Petro Canada – 8262 Hwy 35/115 (West side) Orono, Ontario L0B 1M0 Tel.: (905) 983-9290
Overnight Camping Friday and Saturday night is permitted. Please sign-in with Chris upon arrival. For participants planning on competing this weekend and the weekend of the Nationals, Early arrival is recommended so that we can park you once and leave you in place through to the 23rd. On-site parking will commence this Thursday August 13th.
*Please Note: Full Event details are now available on-line at www.mosportkartways.com. Be sure to check out our NEW calendar feature to stay up to date on upcoming events.**