12 May CHAMPION RON FELLOWS KARTING CHALLENGE SEASON OPENER SATURDAY MAY 14 – GOODWOOD KARTWAYS
For Immediate Release: May 11, 2016
CHAMPION RON FELLOWS KARTING CHALLENGE SEASON OPENER
SATURDAY MAY 14 – GOODWOOD KARTWAYS
Sponsored by Champion Spark Plugs, the Series looks to build on the momentum captured in its inaugural 2015 season. This weekend’s event is hosted by the Toronto Racing Association of Karters and is open to all karters holding a valid ASN club license.
The race program of four one-day events is split between Goodwood Kartways and Mosport Kartways.
“Last season was spectacular” stated Series Promoter Daniel Di Leo. “We are extremely excited for year two and look forward to what is to come. Our mandate is to keep the cost of entry low to make our series accessible to more karters. We have been successful, and it’s nice to hear the continued praise from the karting community”.
New for the 2016 season, Pfaff Automotive Partners is renewing its support of young kart drivers with the Pfaff Motorsports Driver of the Race Award in the Champion Ron Fellows Karting Challenge.
The award is presented to two drivers – in the junior and senior classes – at each of the four rounds in the Champion Ron Fellows Karting Challenge. Representatives from Pfaff Motorsports and media members in attendance will select winners based on quality race performances, regardless of starting and finishing position. Each award-winning driver will be presented with a special trophy and a cash prize of $250.
In addition to the new Pfaff Automotive Partners awards above, the following prize package is confirmed:
- CHAMPION SPARK PLUGS Awards and Apparel – Participants will be given CRFKC Patches and decals at registration. Champion t-shirts, podium hats and other gift packages will be given out each round. Unique race day trophies and championship awards presented by Champion.
- Entry Fees to ASN Canada FIA Canadian Championship – Championship leaders at the conclusion of the first 3 Rounds of the CRFKC will be awarded Entry Fees to the National Championships. This prize package includes practice fees, paddock fees and Race Entry Fees for Championship leaders in Micro Max, Mini-Max, Rotax Junior, Rotax Senior and Rotax DD2. (Race Tires are not included.)
- VEGA TIRE Raffle – Each race, two sets of Vega tires will be randomly drawn. One draw will include ALL four-cycle participants and the other will include ALL two cycle Participants.
- BRIGGS AND STRATTON Pill-Pull Entry Fee Draw – One “pill” will be drawn at random from each of the five Briggs and Stratton classes and each racer will receive entry to the next CRFKC event.
- KDM RACING Engine Raffle – Each race, one Briggs LO206 will be randomly drawn. The draw will include all Briggs and Stratton participants.
- LONE PALM DESIGN Custom Helmet Paint Job – The Briggs Junior Champion will receive a fully sponsored helmet paint job courtesy of Lone Palm Design (driver will be responsible for providing their own unpainted helmet).
The class order and detailed itinerary for Round 1 can be found below.
- CRFKC OPTIONAL PRACTICE (FRIDAY MAY 13TH) – TRACK AVAILABLE FROM 10AM-5PM
CRFKC RACE 1 – SCHEDULE (SATURDAY MAY 14TH)
- 7:30am – Gates Open
- 7:45am – Registration Open’s
- 9:15am – Registration Close’s
- 9:30am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
- 10:00am – Practice Session 1 (6 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Qualifying (5 Minute Session)
- T.B.D – Pre-Final (8 Lap Race)
- T.B.D – Final (12 Lap Race)
- 4:15pm – Podium Presentation
CRFKC RACE 1 – RACE ORDER
- Rotax DD2/Rotax Masters
- Rotax Junior
- Briggs Junior Lite
- Briggs Novice
- Briggs Junior
- Rotax Micro Max
- Briggs Senior
- Briggs Masters
- Rotax Mini Max
- Rotax Senior
- Entry Fee for ALL classes is $100.
- CRFKC participants who are planning to race in the Eastern Canadian Karting Championship can leave their trailers and tents set up IF arrangements have been made with Goodwood Kartways.
- CRFKC will utilize the same track configuration that will be used the following week during the Eastern Canadian Karting Championship.