05 Apr “FIA F1 Future Stars” Program
March 20, 2018
Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada FIA F1 Future Stars
8/9/10 June 2018
The Next Generation
ASN Canada FIA and the Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada promoter, Octane Racing Group, is proud to announce our partnership with the FIA and Formula 1 for the exciting “FIA F1 Future Stars” Program
20 young Canadian kart racing athletes will be selected to stand alongside the Formula One race drivers on the world-televised starting grid during the National Anthem at the 2018 F1 Canadian Grand Prix on June 10.
F1 Management – “This will be an extraordinary moment for these youngsters: imagine, standing beside their heroes, watch as they prepare to race, the elite of the elite in motorsport, to be there, alongside them in those precious few minutes just before the start. What an unforgettable experience, for them, and their families. An inspiration to keep driving, training and learning so that they can dream of one day being there themselves. What better way to inspire the next generation of Formula 1 heroes”.
Apart from being able to stand beside a F1 race driver, each participant will receive a custom overall and two (2) additional complementary tickets for parents/guardians.
ASN Canada FIA is now accepting applications for the Grid Kids. All applications must be submitted directly to ASN Canada FIA on the form provided prior to the closing date of April 15. An announcement will be made shortly after April 15 listing the names of the 2018 FIA F1 Future Stars.
1. To be considered, the child must meet the following criteria:
- Age: 7 to 10 years old
- Height: minimum 125 cm tall (ideally maximum 145 cm)
- Speak English or French
- 2018 Member of an ASN Canada FIA affiliated Club
- Hold a National, Regional or affiliated club licence
- Availability to attend the Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix June 9- 10, 2018
2. Kids Role on the F1 Race Track Site
- The children will be escorted to accompany each Formula One race driver on the grid for the national As soon as the national anthem ends, the children will exit the grid.
- The children are expected to be well behaved and attentive, to be able to walk onto the grid in front of thousands of fans at the race and be able to cope with the potential
- The children should be available for a briefing meeting prior to the As the pre-race ceremony is broadcast on TV, the Kids must strictly follow the instructions given.
- One parent/guardian of each child must accompany him/her to the circuit and remain responsible for the child at all
- The children will be taken onto the grid by the ASN, promoter and FOM
- Parents/guardians will remain on the pit wall, within sight of their
- After the ceremony, the chaperones will bring the children off the grid and back to their parents/guardians.
3. Terms & Conditions:
- Parents/Guardians will be required to sign a Consent
- The chosen participants will be responsible for all expenses outside of the complementary
- “Time Schedule, Where To Go, What to Do” instruction sheet will be
- There is no vehicle parking on the race track site, therefore transportation to and from the site must be planned by the parents/guardians.
- Branded overalls will be provided to the A sizing chart will be provided. The overalls must be worn by the youngsters when at the track. The youngsters will keep the overalls as a memento.
- The chosen participants are expected to be well behaved and attentive, to be able to walk onto the grid in front of thousands of fans at the race and be able to cope with the potential
- ASN Canada FIA and the Octane Group are the sole selection
For Application, click HERE.