10 Jan Goodwood Kartways Announces Arrive-and-Drive Graduates for 2020
Understanding that the future of karting depends on growth at the grassroots level, Goodwood Kartways is excited to announce its 2020 Driver Line Up in the Goodwood Kartways Scholarship Team Program.
Now in its twelfth year, the program has produced the largest group in its history. In total, 22 drivers are set to graduate from Canada’s largest Arrive-and-Drive program and into club-level competition with the Toronto Racing Association of Karters. Commitments have been made by young racers over seven club classes and with representation in both Briggs & Stratton and Rok Cup Canada classes. Further acknowledging their commitment to Goodwood Kartways and the support they have come to trust, 21 of the graduates will be advancing aboard an Intrepid Racing Kart.
“There is nothing quite like witnessing the excitement on the face of a driver seeing their new kart for the first time,” said Goodwood Kartways Owner Daniel Di Leo.
“Each of these drivers has spent a lot of time in our Arrive-and-Drive Program and they all understand that making this transition is a huge commitment. These drivers will develop their skills through the Goodwood Kartways club program and then start to explore Kart Stars Canada events when they are ready.”
The graduating class includes twelve drivers under the age of 11 years old, with seven of them beginning their karting careers in Briggs Cadet. Eighteen drivers will be powered by Briggs & Stratton, with four drivers opting for more horsepower and a Vortex Rok powerplant. The full list of drivers and classes they are entering can be seen below.
2020 Goodwood Kartways Arrive and Drive Graduates
- Aiden McMillan – Briggs Cadet
- Athan Smardenkas – Briggs Cadet
- Zeff Gugliemi – Briggs Cadet
- Declan Black – Briggs Cadet
- Quinn Tyers – Briggs Cadet
- Ethan Tyers – Briggs Cadet
- Niko Picerno – Briggs Cadet
- Ethan Pollack – Briggs JR Lite
- Braedon Fowler – Briggs JR Lite
- Michael Schwabb – Briggs JR Lite
- Christian Menezes – Briggs JR Lite*
- Nathan Yu – Briggs Junior*
- Owen Knowles – Briggs Junior
- Cayden Goodridge – Briggs Junior
- Daniel Rampino – Briggs Senior
- Hugo Cardoso – Briggs Masters
- Mark Kennedy – Briggs Masters
- Darren Remedios – Briggs Masters
- Mayer Deonarine – Mini Rok
- Alex Van Kempen – Rok Senior
- Benny Lee – Rok Masters VLR
- Igor Manukhov – Rok Masters VLR
For more information on our programs please visit http://www.goodwoodkartways.com/ or call (905) 640-5278.